Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I'm building a sales management

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Do I still get a plaque, even though I wasn't the first one to notice? (Just joking).

Thanks for the update. It makes sense to disable Access control. I'll start there. I'm building a sales management thingh. Sales reps & their managers will be among the users. I don't yet know if the customers those sales reps contact (buyers), might also need to log into WordPress, but my instinct is to take advantage of WP's user management and just create another user type for them. My plan was to allow sales reps to create new buyers, and use the Author attribute to automatically assign Buyers to sales reps. Sales managers would be able to changes authors to shift accounts between sales reps.

So, to work around this, I might need to create a CPT for Buyers and keep those out of the WP user table. Do you have any recommendations for this?

Hello,

It depends on yourself, if you want to search Buyers in frontend, and use this custom post type to connect with other post types, you can setup it as a custom post type, and setup post type relationship with other post types.
See our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

Yes, your reply reminded me of the differences between users and other custom post types. I actually built a system before and remembered that there was some issue, but I couldn't remember the specifics. Thanks for the link & I'll re-read that material. I know that on the prior system, I ended up creating a CPT for the users and then linking those custom posts to user accounts so that I could use the WordPress interface for logging in & passwords. Thanks again.

Please update here if you still need assistance for it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.