Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to use "The Grid" wordpress plugin with toolset archive templates layouts

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I am trying to use "The Grid" wordpress plugin to create an animated grid layout for all my Archives (taxonomies, categories, search results, etc) of all my post types (pages, posts, CPTs, Woo Commerce, etc)

Some instructions were given on the below plugin link under the "USE THE GRID AS A TEMPLATE" topic but I don't know how to relate this with the Toolset plugins as this is my first project using both "the grid" and "toolset" and there is not much tutorials on the web that cover this between them

hidden link

I really hope you could help, I really need your support

BR,
AHMADiTo

Dear AHMADiTo,

There isn't existed document for using both "the grid" and "toolset", I checked the document you mentioned above:
hidden link
It is using their function to replace wordpress built-in function in theme file, so Toolset plugin are not involved in the modification.

I suggest you follow their document to change your theme file, and feedback if there is any compatibility problem.

Hi Luo,

Do you mind giving more details on where/what are the theme files generated when I add a custom archive to wp-posts from the ToolSet dashboard so that I could modify them as instructed by The Grid plugin documentations?

BR,
AHMADiTo

It is "the grid" plugin who requests to modify your theme file, I am not familiar with this plugin, which is out the range of Toolset support, I suggest you ask help from "the grid" plugin support, do they have a support forum?

Hi Luo,

Please read my above message as I have modified the question to be more related to the ToolSet plugins..
Sorry, I though I was communicating to Divi support earlier so the question I asked related to the Divi theme..

BR,
AHMADiTo

Q) Do you mind giving more details on where/what are the theme files generated when I add a custom archive to wp-posts from the ToolSet dashboard so that I could modify them as instructed by The Grid plugin documentations?

A: It depends on your theme files, for example, in wordpress default theme 2017, it is using theme file archive-{post-type}.php to render the archive page of custom post type, see wordpress document:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/custom-post-type-template-files/#custom-post-type-templates

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.