Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to create RSVPs for an Event CPT

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to create an RSVP CPT for an existing Events CPT that I built. Events are only accessible to logged-in users (via Memberpress), so by default, any user that sees a single Events CPT instance will be logged in as a WP user.

I believe I already partially understand what's required to do:
1. Create the RSVP CPT
2. Create a one-to-many relationship where a single Event CPT can have many instances of the RSVP CPT

What's unclear to me and I would appreciate guidance on is:
1. What's the best way to associate WP users to an RSVP CPT?

Should I abandon trying to do this in Toolset and just purchase and instead, just install TheEventsCalendar.com plugin?

Hello,

In the single "Event" post, you can display a child post form for creating new "RSVP" post, let your WP user to create their own "RSVP" post, the "RSVP" post authors are different WP users, so WP users are connected with the "RSVP" post, each WP user can have multiple "RSVP" posts.

Create a new WP page, for example "My RSVP posts", display a post view:
- Query RSVP posts
- Filter by post author is same as current logged-in user
- In view's loop, display RSVP post information

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.