Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I recently started receiving this error

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by susanB-3 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit() in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/id.php:86 Stack trace: #0 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/id.php(29): Toolset_Shortcode_Attr_Item_Id->return_single_id('49746') #1 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/legacy.php(47): Toolset_Shortcode_Attr_Item_Id->get(Array) #2 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/m2m.php(60): Toolset_Shortcode_Attr_Item_Legacy->get(Array) #3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04ch/b1036/ in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/id.php on line 86
There has been a critical error on this website.

(xyz instead of my actual path)

I see it on the front end and when I try to go to toolset settings.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

An error like this can be experienced if some of the plugin files are either missing or inaccessible.

Can you please delete the existing Toolset plugins and install the latest versions again?

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Unfortunately this did not resolve the error.

I went a step further and tried uploading Blocks (I am using Views on this website) and activating it instead of Views, and the issue was still unresolved.

With Views enabled:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_alpha() in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Lexer.php:356 Stack trace: #0 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Lexer.php(69): OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Lexer->getOperatorRegex() #1 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Environment.php(610): OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Lexer->__construct(Object(OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Environment)) #2 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Environment.php(695): OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Environment->tokenize(Object(OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Source)) #3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04ch/b1036/ipw.cathleenhelene/w in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Lexer.php on line 356
There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

With Blocks enabled instead:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_alpha() in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Lexer.php:356 Stack trace: #0 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Lexer.php(69): OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Lexer->getOperatorRegex() #1 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Environment.php(610): OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Lexer->__construct(Object(OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Environment)) #2 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Environment.php(695): OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Environment->tokenize(Object(OTGS\Toolset\Twig\Source)) #3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04ch/b1 in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/Twig/src/Lexer.php on line 356
There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

On the frontend - views enabled:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit() in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/id.php:86 Stack trace: #0 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/id.php(29): Toolset_Shortcode_Attr_Item_Id->return_single_id('50519') #1 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/legacy.php(47): Toolset_Shortcode_Attr_Item_Id->get(Array) #2 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/m2m.php(60): Toolset_Shortcode_Attr_Item_Legacy->get(Array) #3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04ch/b1036/ in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/shortcode/attr/item/id.php on line 86
There has been a critical error on this website.

Just checking in this morning.

The contents of the technical issue email:
Howdy!

WordPress has a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Toolset Views.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 6.2.1
Active theme: Cat's Divi (version 3.26.6.1565225759)
Current plugin: Toolset Views (version 3.6.7)
PHP version 7.4.10

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 134 of the file /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/factory.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit() in /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/factory.php:134
Stack trace:
#0 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/factory.php(263): Toolset_Field_Group_Factory->get_post(Object(WP_Post))
#1 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/factory.php(451): Toolset_Field_Group_Factory->load_field_group(Object(WP_Post))
#2 /xyz/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/field/group/post_factory.php(469): Toolset_Field_Group_Factory->query_groups(Array)
#3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I couldn't reproduce this on a test website and we haven't received a report of a similar issue from any other user, either. Looks like it is something website or server specific.

Can you please share temporary admin login and FTP access details, in reply to this message? I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, in case it needs to be investigated on a different server.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I tested your website's clone on my test server and it didn't produce any errors on that.

Looks like the server is blocking the 'eval' function which is needed by Toolset plugins. I'll recommend getting in touch with the hosting support team and making sure that the server meets the requirements mentioned on our server requirements page:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Thank you for your assistance. I will have to find a different solution for this particular website as the client is not interested in changing hosts.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.