Skip Navigation

[Resolved] i need help ordering filtered results

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to order results either off a category or custom field but for the life of my I can not figure out how to do this ??

is this even possible?

post type: Roadmap Items
custom field: Release Month (checkbox)

or by category ... same name Release Month

Hello,

Toolset Blocks/Views plugins are using WordPress class WP_Query to query posts, see WP document:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/wp_query/#order-orderby-parameters

You can order the results by custom fields, but can not order by custom taxonomy.

It is a limitation of WordPress, so there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Blocks/Views plugins

I tried ordering by custom field which is a "Multiple Checkbox" field .. but it wont even show up in the order dropdown ... can I not us checkboxes to order .. does it have to be a single text field ?

Yes, you are right.

Toolset custom checkboxes field stores value serialized array in database, you can not able to use the any custom checkboxes field with ordering section.

You will need to use text field or other simple field.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.