Skip Navigation

[Resolved] What kind of qualifications do Toolset Contractors need?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
What kind of qualifications do Toolset Contractors need?

Solution:
Right now contractors need to have been Toolset users for a minimum of 6 months and we review a portfolio of 3 sites, these are the only requirements currently.

But we are introducing a series of courses with which contractors will earn certificates and badges will be displayed on their profiles, so, although as I mentioned above this is just an introduction service, we are steadily improving the service to set some kind of standards signals, and will continue to take into account feedback that we receive about individual contractors, even if this isn't directly published.

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to find someone who can help me with my project on an ongoing basis.

Having a rating system for contractors would be a great addition.

Additionally, do these contractors need to pass any form of 'Toolset Accreditation'?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

The person that manages the contractor system doesn't seem to be working today so I will have to give you a more complete answer next week.

There is some quality control for the contractors inasmuch as all Toolset users do not automatically qualify, and although we don't have a ratings system as such we do accept feedback, and negative feedback will result in contractors being removed from the system.

But this is very much an introduction system only, and the onus is on you to review a portfolio of the contractor's work and satisfy yourself that they are a suitable fit.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Right now contractors need to have been Toolset users for a minimum of 6 months and we review a portfolio of 3 sites, these are the only requirements currently.

But we are introducing a series of courses with which contractors will earn certificates and badges will be displayed on their profiles, so, although as I mentioned above this is just an introduction service, we are steadily improving the service to set some kind of standards signals, and will continue to take into account feedback that we receive about individual contractors, even if this isn't directly published.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.