Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I found a bug in your software in Toolset Forms Commerce

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

s1
Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 13.01.30.png

You can test it with your own multilanguage "classic cars for sale - classifieds site".

When you first select "Spanish" as language and then afterwards go to Toolset > Post Forms > "Submit new listing" (edit)
(first switch to Spanish, then go to this direct link: hidden link)

Then there is no product selected (see screenshot).

If you then select the Spanish product-translation in the dropdown and hit save, and then switch language back to English
=> Bug 1: it opens "create new form" (instead of same edit-form in English)
=> Bug 2: (much more critical): if you after switching to English go back to the form (hidden link) then the English product is no longer linked!

In short, you cannot correctly link a multilanguage (WPML) product to a 'Toolset Forms Commerce' edit form.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I tried to reproduce this issue on my own test website ( hidden link ), but the same "Free listing" product was always shown selected, despite switching between English and Spanish.

Just to confirm, when you mention language switching, you're referring to the "Language" selection field at WP Admin -> Users -> Your Profile, correct?

Please let me know if there are any missing or different steps involved.

regards,
Waqar

s1

With language switching I mean switching to Spanish in the top bar of WordPress. Not in the user profile.

When the WP-ADMIN is Spanish, then the product is missing in the dropdown.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing further details.

During troubleshooting on my own test website with a similar setup, I was able to reproduce both these issues.

Appreciate you brought this forward and I've passed on these findings to the concerned team. I'll keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

Note: During testing, I was also able to confirm that even if no product is shown selected in the form's settings after the language switch, this doesn't affect the actual checkout process on the front-end. Visitors will still be able to submit the form and the correct product will be added into the cart, based on their active language.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

I'd like to update you that the issues involving the WPML language switcher present on Toolset Forms edit screens, has been fixed in the Toolset Forms 2.6.3.

Since forms are not translateable as other normal posts, the WPML language switcher option is no longer available on the form edit screen.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.