Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I deleted repeatable field is still showing on the front end of custom post type

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulS-25 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to delete a field in a repeatable field group. When I tried doing so, it was no longer showing up in the admin section when editing the product, but would still display on the front end.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
I restored my site to before deleting the field, so it's still visible, but regardless, this is what it looks like after deleting the field.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

By the way, I am on a WP multisite

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know which field you deleted and which field is still displayed on the frontend.

Can you please share these details with access details so I can check what's going wrong with that.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately - the admin access details you send it to me is not working at this end. Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Also, if this is an issue that you would only be able to fix on your end, but not mine. I do need 'Contains Sweetners' removed from the same repeatable field group

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on your install but I am not able to locate the page from where the product information is displayed.

Can you please tell me from where the product information is displayed? are you using any PHP theme file?

That is the problem. I delete them from the repeatable field group but I can't find it on the backend anymore, yet it appears on the front end: hidden link

You can see and edit the repeatable field group here: hidden link

I created this video so you can see the issue:
hidden link

I believe we are using a custom PHP template. We did not make the template, we are only building on it for our client.

I don't know why you are having trouble seeing this issue. Is it because we are on a multistore? We are the usa1 store

Minesh
Supporter

As suspected, you are using the PHP theme template to display your product information.
=> hidden link

When you delete the Toolset field, it will not delete the associated content with that. That is why even if you delete the field the content for that field is displayed because the field is available with your PHP template file.

To disable the field "Contains Sweeteners", I've commented out that field with your above PHP theme template file and I can see now the field Contains Sweeteners is not displayed with your single product page:
=> hidden link

Whatever field you do not want to display with your product page, you simply either remove it from your PHP theme template file or comment out it.

My issue is resolved now. Thanks Minesh, I appreciate your patience and clarity!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.