Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I cannot get the message system to work in my site

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,
I wanted to ask if it is possible for Chris to help me with this issue.
I have a membership site and I needed the messaging system to work for contractors to be contacted when someone reads their page and desires their service.

Chris was going to help me but I had an issue within my site related to relationships that took some time for me to fix and I lost that support ticket request.

Thanks

Hello,

Christian isn't available, please provide your website credentials in below private message box, also describe detail steps for the issue, thanks

The Toolset message system is based on WordPress users, and it can display the new message link in the author archive page. See our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/miscellaneous/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/#snippet-for-an-author-archive
section "Snippet for an author archive"

I suggest you try to follow above document to setup message system in your website first, then add the new message link in single mentor or coach post

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.