Skip Navigation

[Closed] I cannot display child's post id on a parent post.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am try to display a post's child's post id on url parameter.

when you go to post (A) hidden link
and click request information, the link should contains a parameter and the value should be post (A)'s child post ID.
some of your team member helped create a view (hidden link) to display this, but somehow stoped working.

This is the views for generate and display url
hidden link

hidden link

I need these 2 view display child post id

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-generate-paramerter-value-from-user-custom-field/page/2/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hello,

I can get your website credentials in your previous thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-generate-paramerter-value-from-user-custom-field/page/2/#post-1746011
and
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-generate-paramerter-value-from-user-custom-field/#post-1720133

And I have tried these in your website:
1) Login as admin user, test the request link, it works fine
2) Login as customer user, test the request link, the problem occurs.
And test the problem child post in front-end:
hidden link
I see below error message:

You do not have access to this content or it has been removed....

So it is a permission problem, you will need to allow customer user to be able to see that child post in front-end

And I have checked the Toolset Access setting in your website, there isn't related setting, it seems you are using other plugin/custom codes to setup the permission, you can disable other plugins/theme, deactivate custom codes to locate the problem

You went to this URL with customer account right?

hidden link

It doesn't display any errors for me. ... strange.

Either way, how could you help to display child list id? Please let me know.

Please try these:
1) Login your website as customer user demo13@mktunited.com
2)Go to URL of single "Restricted Listing" post:
hidden link

You should be able to see the error message:

You do not have access to this content or it has been removed.
Please log in with your login credential to navigate to the content again.

Since customer user do not have access to "Restricted Listing" post, so customer user can not get the "Restricted Listing" post information.

As I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-cannot-display-childs-post-id-on-a-parent-post/#post-1764969

You will need to locate the compatibility issue

No it doesn't work.

if you logged in as a customer account, (demo13@mktunited.com) this account does't have access (restricted listing) hidden link . You only access to this (public page) hidden link

This account needs to get permission to access to hidden link

That's why I need to fix the logic of the link "request details" generated by view ( hidden link )
on this page(hidden link)

I have to explain this every time. My site site has a public business list and a restricted business list. They are a pair.
User can only access a public one. Then the user click a requst details button (this button contains a lot of parameters including post id of RESTRICTED business list to the next page which includes a gravity form. When the user submit the form, it goes to an e-signature page filled with information from gravity form parameters. When user submit the sign, the user receive a permission to access restricted business list.

Could you please take a look the view and fix how to display the post id of restricted list(in relationship in Public list). Do you understand? That's what I need now!

As you mentioned above:
if you logged in as a customer account, (demo13@mktunited.com) this account does't have access (restricted listing) hidden link

Where and how do you setup the limitation for customer user's access to "Restricted Listing" post? If it is custom codes, have you tried to remove those custom fields? Can you confirm it?

I have checked your website access setting:
hidden link

The custom user do have the "Read" privilege to post type "Restricted Listing", so customer user should be able to see the single "Restricted Listing" post in front-end:
hidden link

Please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

This is exactly why I need the post id to display in the parameter url!

When you go to (hidden link) as a customer account, when you click the request details, it goes to a gravity form and e signature page. when he or she signs and submit, our logic with wp-fusion provides the tag to this user to allow access to the restricted version.

That's WHY i NEED display the restricted post's ID on the parameter. This is the KEY! because gravity form passes down the parameter to wp fusion to assign the tag. without this post ID parameter this whole logic doesn't work!

I am wasting so much time here just waiting your answer and somehow won't give me what I clearly stated on my first question which is 4 days ago.

I just need to display restricted post ID of the public post in relationship.

Please just fix this and make it work.

test-business-010.JPG
test-business-010-pub.JPG

I have tried these:
1) Export your website database, and install it in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest Toolset plugins
2) Login as admin user:
Edit Public Listing post "Test Business 010 Pub"
hidden link
in post content: display view's shortcode directly:
View view-to-get-child-list-id: [wpv-view name="view-to-get-child-list-id" limit="1"]

2) Login as user demo13@mktunited.com

Test Public Listing post "Test Business 010 Pub" in front-end
hidden link
I can see the view does output the correct listing post ID: 9850, see my screenshot test-business-010-pub.JPG

Test the listing post ID in front-end, I can see it works fine, there isn't any error message, see my screenshot: test-business-010.JPG

So the problem only exists in your website, Where and how do you setup the limitation for customer user's access to "Restricted Listing" post? please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem.

Since you are using 49 plugins and a custom theme, if you need assistance to locate the problem plugin, please backup your website, I need your permission to deactivate plugins/theme in your website.

You know what,
I disabled all additional plugins and switched the theme to twenty-twenty without any custom code on fuctions.php, but ti still doesn't work and I found a clue.

I did the same think as you did. I embeded [wpv-view name="view-to-get-child-list-id" limit="1"]. When I log in as Admin role users, the link displays the post-id. but when I log in customer or agent accounts it doesn't display. It seems some kind of role based issue. but I don't . Isn't it strange??

You deactivate plugins and theme. You have my permissions.

I have tried the same steps as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-cannot-display-childs-post-id-on-a-parent-post/#post-1768693

It works fine in your website:
Login as customer user demo13@mktunited.com

Test those two posts:
hidden link
I can see the result:
View view-to-get-child-list-id: 9850

hidden link
It works fine too.

You will need to activate other plugins/theme one by one to locate the problem plugin/theme

Inkedwp-fusion-off_LI.jpg
Inkedwp-fusion-activated_LI.jpg

Okay,

I tested on my end as well.
I switched twenty twenty theme without any custom code. Only activated toolset types, views, wp-fusion, gravity-from(all updated)
When I activate WP-fusion, the post_id parameter disappear. When I deactivate, it appears again.

You can see screenshots. I logging different user roles in different browers. Top(customer role) middle(Agent Role) Bottom(Business Owner role), with wp-fusion-off, You see all all post ID. but When you see wp-fusion-acvaited. 2 of the ID disappeared from Agent Role(Jay) and Business Owner role(DEMO05 - Hoshi).

I am talking with the developer of WP-fusion as well. but please investigate on your end as well.
If you need I can provide all of these user's credentials here.

Please let me know.

I found out that customer role account show post id because the user account contains the tag ”list - 9850” which Is given when this user go through the next page, gravity form and e signature.

Regardless, wp fusion does not control hide or show certain information. It just give a tag to a user.

Please find why it interferes your view display function.

Did you get any update from WP-fusion developers?

So it is a compatibility issue, can you confirm it?
If you need more assistance for it, please provide a full copy of your website in below private message box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] I cannot display child's post id on a parent post.’ is closed to new replies.