Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to underatnd how to create multiple views with different filters

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: create multiple different pages, all with the same post content layout and fields but with different filters applying. For example, I have a custom type called Locations and I want to have one page with locations with the "food and drink" category and another page with the same format but those with "outdoors" category. Do I have to keep creating views for each page? How can I reuse the part within a loop at least?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As you want different filters with your different pages you need to create/use different views but you can create the content template that you can reuse with your views loop output editor.

See this page:
https://toolset.com/faq/whats-the-difference-between-a-view-and-a-view-template/

To include existing content template to your view's output editor, you should click on button "Content Template" within view's Loop Output Editor.

If you want to know more about views, you can take our views training course where you learn lots of new things:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-views/

Minesh, many thanks. I am SLOWLY getting the hang of this!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.