Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to delete the relationship using this code

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am trying to delete the relationship using this code :

[cred-delete-relationship role_items='$fromViews' relationship='cbookmark' redirect='self']Delete this relationship[/cred-delete-relationship]

It does not show the delete button.

Solution:

You can delete the intermediate post, the post type relationship will be deleted too.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mario 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Yang that worked perfectly.

I am trying to delete the relationship using this code :

[cred-delete-relationship role_items='$fromViews' relationship='cbookmark' redirect='self']Delete this relationship[/cred-delete-relationship]

It does not show the delete button. I have updated the access control seekers, authors and cbookmarks but still not showing.

The above code has been placed with the post view "view-bmk-seek-connect-3":

As this finds both the posts and checks if the relationship exists.

Hello,

You can follow our document to setup the "delete relationship link":
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-build-front-end-forms-for-connecting-posts/editing-existing-connections-between-related-posts/#deleting-existing-connections-between-posts

section "Deleting existing connections between posts".

In your case, it needs a child post view:
- Query "cp-Providers" posts
- Filter by post type relationship between "Seekers" and "cp-Providers"
- And display the "delete relationship link" shortcode

lc-toolset-3737-min.png

Hi Yang

I have created a new view: "cp-prov-find-relationship-view"

Still not finding the record - I have attached the view.

The view is used with in the "care-seeker-provider-view" page

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will update here if there is anything found

I have done below modifications in your website:
1) Edit the post view "view-bmk-seek-connect-3"
hidden link

in section "Loop item in view-bmk-seek-connect-3", line 3, replace this codes from:

To view's shortcode:

[wpv-view name="cp-prov-find-relationship-view"]

So view "cp-prov-find-relationship-view" will act as child view of "view-bmk-seek-connect-3"

2) Edit post view "cp-prov-find-relationship-view":
hidden link
in section "Loop item in cp-prov-find-relationship-view", line 2, replace this codes from:

To:

[cred_delete_post_link action='delete' post='[wpv-post-id item="@cbookmark.intermediary"]' message='Are you sure you want to delete this post?' message_show='1' class='cred-refresh-after-delete']Delete this relationship[/cred_delete_post_link]

After user click delete link, it will delete the intermediate post, so delete the post type relationship too.

Please test it again, check it is fixed, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.