Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am not able to edit Layouts after wordpress upgrade.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user was getting the error Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864

Solution:

In this case I would recommend the solution below.
https://kb.wpbeaverbuilder.com/article/37-increase-the-wordpress-allowed-memory-size

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by haleyL 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Edit any Layouts that were built previously

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Edit box appear

Instead, I get nothing. I get no action when I click on edit on Layout editor. Also most pictures are broken, even when I go in to update permalinks. Also another problem I am encountering is that it will not let me install any other plugin. Site crashes immediately.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Haley,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I see that you are using a really outdated version of our Views and Layouts plugin.

Could you download the latest versions from our downloads page
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

I have downloaded those two plugins and went ahead to install them via ftp, manually. However, just like I have noted before, anytime I install any other plugin or try to update it, it crashes. Whole site goes blank. So We are kind of stuck here.

Let me know what could cause this and the way around it.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Haley,

As you mentioned the entire website becomes white.

Could you enable the wordpress debugging by following the instructions in the link below ?

hidden link

Once you have done this, could you let me know the error that is being displayed.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

As soon as I activate the "views" plugin and get this error in the blank page of the site

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in /home/mikeconley1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/cell_types/wpddl.cell_cred_user.class.php on line 67

If that plugin isn't there or activated, site goes live but than obviously it is not loading most of the content.

In this state, I can not log in or see the site

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Haley,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Could you try the solution in the link below and let me know if it helps.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

I have made that change few days ago, thinking the same. I currently have memory set to 64M but I did try 128M and 512M too. None seem to be working. It is just anytime layouts plugin is active and on, it will not allow any other plugin to be installed.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 09.46.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 09.47.23 AM.png

Shane,

I got both of the plugins to work now, But now we get a lot of short codes instead of actual content. Do you know what could be the cause of this?

See screen shot!

Thanks for your help so far!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Haley,

Could you let me know which page this is so that I can take a look ?

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, here are the links

hidden link

hidden link

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Haley,

I took a look at this for you and the issue was that the Types plugin was not installed.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Thank you for your help, this solved everything!

Have a great day!

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.