Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to wrap all the rows in a wrapper?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
wrap all the rows in a wrapper to achieve min 100% height of "main" element, And only one function lets to do it - using grid system in layouts. But that have huge disadvantage - it adds gaps between columns with each inner grid added, which makes this hardly usable for my goal.
Solution:
1) the easiest way is wrap all the rows into a single grid cell.
2) Or you can simply edit your theme file, find the Layouts function the_ddlayout( ), and wrap it with what you want. for example:

echo '<div class="my-div">';
the_ddlayout( 'page-default' ); // Loads 'page-default' layout by default
echo '</div>';

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eWeb 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
wapper.png

I am trying to: wrap all the rows in a wrapper to achieve min 100% height of "main" element (wrapper)

I visited this URL: -
I expected to see: -

Instead, I got: only grid option

I want to achieve goal as described here:
hidden link

And only one function lets to do it - using grid system in layouts. But that have huge disadvantage - it adds gaps between columns with each inner grid added, which makes this hardly usable for my goal.

Are there any other methods?
Thank you.

Dear birute,

You are right, the easiest way is wrap all the rows into a single grid cell.

Or you can simply edit your theme file, find the Layouts function the_ddlayout( ), and wrap it with what you want.

Could you please point to needed file and exactly where should i look?
Theme is Toolset Strarter + child.

I assume you are using "Toolset Starter Child" theme, which is a child theme of "Toolset Starter",
For example, if you are going to do it for all single post, you can copy theme file single.php from parent theme folder "toolset-starter" into child theme folder "toolset-starter-child", and edit it, find the line:

wrap it with what you want, for example:

echo '<div class="my-div">';
echo '</div>';
chld2.png
chld1.png

This does not solve our problem. We need to have a content wrapper as well, but it is impossible to apply it, since the parent layout does not allow this. Tag ID field is not editable. If i go to the child layout, I got there about another 10 rows, and they need a one big wrapping. How to achieve that?

Also another problem has just appeared...

After updating Toolset to the latest version, CONTAINER-FLUID does not now fully expand to the screen edges. Instead we got white space there. This is very bad and is visible for SLIDER and GOOGLE MAP.

Why is that? Older version of Toolset worked fine.

Sorry for the misunderstand, as you can see when you edit the "Child layout cell", there is a warning message:
This cell in itself will not have a typical row structure on the front-end. It will directly output content of the child layout which is why you can not add classes and IDs to it. To add custom styling, edit the child layout instead and add custom classes and IDs there. For more information,
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/hierarchical-layouts/

So you will need to wrap the child layout cell into a grid cell, add the HTML ID and CSS class name in the grid cell.

About the problem:
it adds gaps between columns with each inner grid added, which makes this hardly usable for my goal
It should be a CSS problem, if you need more assistance for it, please duplicate same problem in a test site, fill below private detail box with login details, also point out the problem page URL and layout URL, I need a live website to test and debug. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.