Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to show the address field in an Elementor Template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display a Types address field on a Google map with Elementor?

Solution:
One solution is to generate the map and marker with Toolset (much like you would if you were not using Elementor), by inserting the wpv-map-render and wpv-map-marker shortcodes into an Elementor shortcode module (see below: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-show-the-address-field-in-an-elementor-template/#post-1177662).

Or the client used an Elementor Google Map module and set the Types address field as the dynamic source for the map address.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stephenG-3 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi, I am building a listing site using the latest versions of WordPress, Astra theme, Elementor page builder and Toolset. I have created a new post type of 'Salons' which includes the custom field 'salon address' using the toolset address type.

I am using Elementor to build the template for the salon posts but when I add the address field as dynamic text or google map it does not display (other toolset fields show with no issue).

How do I show the address field in an Elementor Template?

I forgot to add that my maps API is working correctly.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Stephen

To output the address field as a marker on a map you'll need to do so using the relevant Toolset shortcodes.

We don't have any control over the Elementor UI, so we can't add the Fields and Views button you would normally have available to generate the shortcodes, and you will either need to enter the shortcodes manually, or insert them somewhere else where you have a normal post editor available, then cut and paste them into your Elementor template.

I inserted the following on my test site into a shortcode module, for example, and it correctly displayed the map when viewing a post that used the template.

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-1' marker_id='marker-1' marker_field='wpcf-location'][/wpv-map-marker]
Screenshot 2019-01-04 at 15.17.43.png

Hi Nigel, thank you for the update. I was working out how to apply the shortcode as a dynamic field to the template when I found the following resolution.

1. Add the Google Maps Element to the page
2. Set the address as a Toolset field
3. Select any other Toolset field as the key under Elementor settings
4. Change the Toolset field to the address field (Mine is called 'Salon Address'

The map shows up as expected.

Thank you for the help in getting this resolved.

Cheers

Stephen

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.