Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to show all posts except logged in authors in a view

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidR-12 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a list of my posts (The logged in user) on a page. Below that I want to add a list of all other posts minus those posts. How do I do this?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To exclude the current author posts from the result you can use the view's filter hook: wpv_filter_query

You can create a view to to display your desired post type and format the loop output as required and then add the following code to the "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/#adding-custom-php-code-using-toolset

add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query', 'func_remove_currnet_author_posts', 10, 3);
function func_remove_currnet_author_posts( $query_args ,$view_settings, $view_id ) {
    global $current_user; 

if ( in_array($view_id, array( 99999) ) ) {

$current_author_posts = new WP_Query( 
                        array(
                            'post_type' => array('student'),
                            'posts_per_page' => -1,
                            'author__not_in'=>array($current_user->ID),
                            'fields'=>"ids"

));
       $current_author_found_posts = $current_author_posts ->posts;

$query_args['post__not_in'] = $current_author_found_posts ;

}

return $query_args;
}

Where:
- replace 99999 with your original view ID
- Replace 'student' with your original post type slug

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for the quick response. However, that doesn't do anything. The posts of the logged in author are sill displayed in the view.

David

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share admin access details and problem URL where you added your view to display non author posts.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Sorry I deleted the post as I gave the wrong details. Can you send another private message request please?

Sorry I deleted the post as I gave the wrong details. Can you send another private message request please? I am writing this again as it looks like our wires might have become crossed.

Minesh
Supporter

Hi Minesh,

The requirements changed and the user wanted a list of authors with their posts so I was able to fix the duplicate issue by using the option to not display the current logged in user in that view.

Thank you for your help on this.

David

Minesh
Supporter

Great - you are welcome to close this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.