Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to make related post display on single post page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yosukeS 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Try to display other so called related posts in a single post page.

for example, if you have post in categories Food, travel, fun. When you go to a single post page in Food category, at the bottom, there is other suggested post from the same category something like swipable in mobile grid format or something.

I understand it can be done with view. but it seem you guys are moving away from view plugin(legacy plugin), so can I do it with only wp-type and block plugin? Or do I still have to install view?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link

What is the link to your site?

newgardenahotel.com

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

First let me clarify that Views and Blocks are essentially the same plugin—and so you can only activate one or the other—but they have different default settings for which UI to use when creating Views and templates. If you are used to using Views you can go to Toolset > Settings and choose to expose both the new Block editor and the classic Views editor.

You could continue to make such a View using Views (where you create the View at Toolset > Views) and insert it into the page, or you could add the View directly to the page using the Views block and create and design the View with the block editor.

The options available are mostly the same, with some exceptions such as the ability to nest Views.

In this case you need to add a Query Filter to the View for the taxonomy (to show posts with the same term as the page where the View is shown).

When using the block editor, you need to make sure that the View block itself is selected (rather than any of the inner blocks), and you should then be able to see the Query Filter section in the sidebar settings at the bottom.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.