Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to limit the number of images per field.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by FelipeP5703 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

So apparently you don't even need that my_files_only code since Access has a setting for that. I tested it and I only see the images that user uploaded... so one thing down, two to go...

Now I still don't know how to limit the number of images per field. The code I had to limit was this below, but since the change of being able to add multiple images at once, the code does not work.

jQuery(function($) {
    $(".limit-to-6 .js-wpt-repadd").click(function(event) {
        $length = this.parentNode.childNodes.length;
        if ($length >= 6) {
            $(this).hide();
        }
    });
});

Then I added to the div like this:

<div class="form-group col-sm-6 limit-to-6">
			[cred_field field='fotos-para-anuncio' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
		</div>

1) Use WordPress built-in media manager to upload/crop the images as I mentioned above: With WordPress built-in media manager user can click link "Edit Image", and crop the image manually, see screenshot: crop.JPG

I don't see an option to edit the photo, look at the screenshot. I have set properly in Access to allow Authors to edit their images. Look at the screenshot.

Hello,

Yes, you are right, there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms plugin, it needs custom codes.
You can try these:
1) Change the CSS class name to field slug "fotos-para-anuncio", for example:

<div class="form-group fotos-para-anuncio">
		<label>fotos-para-anuncio</label>
		[cred_field field='fotos-para-anuncio' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
	</div>

2) modify the JS codes as below:

jQuery(document).on('cred_form_ready', function(){
    jQuery(".fotos-para-anuncio .js-wpt-repadd").click(function(event) {
        jQuerylength = jQuery('.fotos-para-anuncio .js-wpt-field-items .wpt-repctl').length;
        if (jQuerylength >= 6) {
            jQuery(this).hide();
        }
    });
});

And test again.

It works fine if the Media Library is not checked as an option. But if you have it checked, the user can upload as many images as they want.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is not available at the moment. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

There is no such native feature available but I think it will be a good feature to add to our plugin. Please feel free to file a new feature request using the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

If user is loggedin and you want to limit the number of file uploads for user - you can use the wordpress filter: wp_handle_upload_prefilter

Please check the following links that may help you:
=> https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/21084/how-can-you-limit-the-number-of-images-videos-that-can-be-uploaded-to-a-wordpr
=> hidden link

I'm not using Media Library to upload files, thus the current code I have now is sufficient. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.