Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to edit "Custom Search"?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
array.JPG
list-2.JPG
list-1.JPG

Hi

Im trying to edit "Custom Search".

I have some questions,

1) Please see the screenshot "list-1.jpg" and "list-2.jpg"

It does not appear on "the STATE LIST" of "Custom Search" because I have not registered another state
(only register "서울", "대구").

All of taxonomy is not displayed because because I haven't updated many lists for taxonomy.

Is there a way to make it appear in "the STATE LIST" even if I don't register yet?

2) Please see the screenshot "array.jpg"

Can I arrange the order of "the STATE LIST" displayed on the list at will?

Even if I change the order of registration of taxonomy each time, it does not sort as I want.

thx for helping me!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.47.35.png

I think the issue occurs because in the settings for the View it is set to only show filter options that would produce results (see screenshot). Try disabling that, and see if your filters then show all filter options.

cities_filter.JPG
state_filter.JPG

Thx Mr.Nigel.

I did it but it apaears that "Cities Taxonomy" is listed as if "State Taxonomy" and "Cities Taxonomy" are not related.

For example,

If "대구" in "State Taxonomy" is selected, I wish only those("Cities Taxonomy" include in "State Taxonomy" )
that correspond to "대구" were listed.(plese see the "cities_filter.JPG")

But now, as you can see,

all of "Cities Taxonomy" is listed when I choose "대구"

The link below is a sample of A I want to make.

hidden link << here

How can I make it like this?

thx

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kim,

This is occurring because of the instruction here
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-edit-custom-search/#post-1789109

If you disable this setting it will list all of the values regardless of if they are related or not. The only way to ensure the correct terms show up is to keep this setting enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

No

I want to display in "Second Custom Search" only those related to "First Custom Search" according to
"First Custom Search" s search results.

Currently, everything registered in "Second Custom Search" is displayed regardless of the result of "First Custom Search".

If I register in "First Taxonomy" like below

"A"
"B"
"C"

and I register in "Second Taxonomy" and connect between "First Taxonomy" and "Second Taxonomy" in relationship like below

"A" - "a" ,"1", "2", "3"
"B"- "b", "10", "20", "30"
"C"- "c", "100", "200", "300"

If I choose "A" in "First Custom Search" and click "Second Custom Search", I want to show like below

First Second
"A" "a" ,"1", "2", "3"

but now,

First Second
"A" "a" ,"1", "2", "3","b", "10", "20", "30"," c", "100", "200", "300"

If I follow your advice, enable that setting,

I can see only searched taxonomy and checked boxes.

I don't want to change search list and checked boxes.

I just want to make what showing result. except for option that "Custom search List" and "Check boxes"

Please give me advice.

thx.

qa11.JPG
qa10.JPG
qa9.JPG
qa8.JPG
qa7.JPG
qa6.JPG
qa5.JPG
qa4.JPG
qa3.JPG
qa2.JPG
qa1.JPG

Thanks, Mr.Minesh

I explained what I was having difficulty with with pictures.

Please read them in order.

I set it up like this (qa1 ~ qa4.jpg)

My issue is here (qa5 ~ qa7 and qa9.jpg)

Your advice but this is not what I want.(qa8.jpg)

What I want (qa10.jpg)

Current problem(qa11.jpg)

thx for helping me.

--

plus, I did attach link below to help you understand what I am trying to do.

hidden link << here

in this Custom Search,

"Foods Cities taxonomies" are displayed differently depending on the "Foods States taxonomies" selected in the previous step.

Of course, as all the "Foods States taxonomies" registered in advance are displayed.

thanks you!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kim,

The only setting that will allow for the filters to behave in a related fashion is "show only filter option that would produce a result." setting.

How this will work using your example is if you have your first and second taxonomy below.
"A" - "a" ,"1", "2", "3"
"B"- "b", "10", "20", "30"
"C"- "c", "100", "200", "300"

And the user selects A. The second taxonomy will display
a,1,2,3

This will only happen if a,1,2,3 all have posts associated with them. If there are no posts associated to none of these terms then the filter will remain blank.

I suspect this is what is happening on your end.

The only other way to achieve the related filters while having the "show only filter option that would produce a result." setting disabled is to use custom coding to relate the fields.

I hope I was able to clarify this a bit more for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Additionally, can I customize taxonomies order in which the displayed as are listed?

I want to change the order in which the as are displayed.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 9.28.56 AM.png

Hi Kim,

Additionally, can I customize taxonomies order in which the displayed as are listed?

Yes there is once you click on the filter block that you want to edit, you should see the Block widget with the options for that filter appearing. See my screenshot for an example of the options that are available for a taxonomy.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.