Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create multiple WP accounts using the same email

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pat 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I'm working on a kind of membership site and have a special request from my client :

Some of their users are living together (wife + husband for example) and have only one email address for both.
But in the same time, each of them should be recognized by the site when they log in as they should be able to subscribe to specific events.

Is there a way to mange 2 accounts inside WordPress with only one email address?

I was thinking to use a fake email for the wife and an additional email user field in order to add the husband email info. The issue there is that the wife can receive the notifications (made by Cred forms if I indicate the additional email field there), but not the system messages (ie : WC order confirmation for example).

Do you have any idea?

Regards
Pat

Hi Pat,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

By default, WordPress requires a unique email address for each registered user account.

In a situation like this where two users will need to share a single email address, one of them can use an alias of that email address.

An email alias is a virtual copy/nickname of the same email address and most email providers offer them free of cost. This way both users will have a unique email address to register in the WordPress, while emails to both will still land in the same mailbox.

Following guides have more information on the topic:

hidden link
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Pat

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your answer. As this is not an easy thing to do, I prefer staying with the WordPress standards and do not allow the email duplication.

Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.