Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create a specific functionality to put in other sites like a plugin

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: move same functionality made with toolset plugins to other sites including custom post types, cred forms (user and post), access permissions, pages and custom code.

I wanted to create a container with these configurations and custom code and just "install" in another project and get it up and running.

I know i can export and import toolset configurations, but i still have to create pages and assign forms to pages and assign access rules to these pages and copy and paste custom code.

Do you have any idea how can i achieve this?

Dear Guilherme,

I suggest you create your own plugin/theme, and embed all Toolset settings into the plugin/theme, and in the plugin/theme, setup custom codes to create the posts/page.

More help:
Embedded Toolset
https://toolset.com/documentation/embedded-toolset/
Insert or update a post.
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_insert_post/

Hi Luoy,

I ve read the documentation and will give it a try. I knew that toolset had it, but forgot that it was called embedded toolset.

The docs say only about using in a theme, is there any difference you see on using and delivering as a plugin?

You can embed toolset into theme and plugins, and there does exists some difference, for example, you will need use different wordpress action hooks to import the Toolset settings, so if you do not familiar with the "Embedded Toolset ", I suggest you embed it into your theme.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.