Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to covert O2O to O2M relationship?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

What should I consider when I trying to covert an O2O relationship to an O2M relationship?

A few questions -
1) Is this even possible?
2) If yes, how does that impact the current records? Do they still remain relevant?
3) Which other parts of the toolset system do I need to configure to make this work?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Conversion from a 'one-to-one' to 'one-to-many' relationship is generally safer, since there is no intermediary post type involved.
(intermediary post type is involved in case of 'many-to-many' relationship)

I performed a quick test on my website and conversion from 'one-to-one' to 'one-to-many' relationship worked without any issue.

1) Is this even possible?
- Yes, it is possible.

2) If yes, how does that impact the current records? Do they still remain relevant?
- Yes, the existing post connections will stay intact.

3) Which other parts of the toolset system do I need to configure to make this work?
- No, special changes in the configuration will be needed.

On child posts, if you're using the item attribute ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/item-attribute/ ) to show the parent post, it will continue to work, since only one parent will be allowed in the 'one-to-many' relationship as well.

However, parent posts will be allowed to have more than one child post, so for them, you'll need to use a view to show the related child posts, since the "item" attribute can be used to show only a single related post.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks, Waqar. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.