Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to add delivery details to a woocommerce product – before adding to cart

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Doug Watt 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have built a site which is selling gift hampers: hidden link

Corporate clients want to be able to purchase a number of hampers in a single transaction. Of course, each hamper will need to have different delivery details corresponding to the different recipients of these gift hampers.

Is it possible to use Toolset to allow site visitors to add delivery details to a product before adding the product to the cart?

I initially thought that Woocommerce Views might be able to help, but of course that simply adds custom fields to the single product view.

I'm thinking that what I need to be able to do is to add a form (which would only display conditionally) to the single product view. This form would accept delivery details and add them to each product before adding the product to the cart.

The only alternative method I have come across is to use Gravity Forms along with a third-party plugin called "Gravity Forms Product Add-on". I could do this, but I'd prefer to always use Toolset if possible.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Doug
====

Hi, as far as I know basic WooCommerce isn't designed to split and ship a single order to multiple addresses, so Toolset doesn't offer any features that will support that. It will require a paid extension for WooCommerce or a 3rd-party plugin that provides that feature, and I'm not aware of any Toolset integration with those. In either case, Toolset's Commerce Forms are not designed to support more than one product, or accept multiple shipping details for a split Order. I think you would need a significant amount of custom code to make this process work. We have a contractors portal available where you can connect with independent contractors who may have the required knowledge: https://toolset.com/contractors

A quick search led me to this extension for WC: https://woocommerce.com/products/shipping-multiple-addresses/
However, at first glance it does not seem to support adding shipping info before adding the product to the cart. It seems to manage the shipping details on the cart page. You would have to ask their support team if there is a way to change the way those addresses are managed.

Many thanks, Christian. I thought this was the case, but just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking something.

I will now use the Gravity Forms approach. There is a plugin that will allow me to embed a Gravity Forms form (including conditional logis, address fields, and pricing options) into the single product view. It also allows these fields to be carried to the Cart and Checkout.

https://woocommerce.com/products/gravity-forms-add-ons/

There is a similar plugin to support Ninja Forms as well - but it's not as recommended by the folks at WooCommerce.

Kindest regards,

Doug
====

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.