Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I hide the CPT metadata?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here was that the customer wanted to hide the Post meta on his CPTs

Solution:
The solution to this is to inspect the page using the google chrome or your browsers page inspection too to find the html that is displaying the post meta.

Then you will just set it using css to display: none;

So e.g you will add this custom css to your site.

.someclass{
display: none;
}

Relevant Documentation:

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

> What you're saying is that you only want this CPT to not have the Meta?
Yes.
> Are you using a content template for this cpt ?
Yes. It is a new CPT made with Toolset.

Please, I need a solution for this problem.

y.S

Try this:

copy the single.php file of your theme
Rename the copy 'single-yourctpslughere.php'

In this file remove the line that displays the unwanted information, as mentioned at the beginning of this ticket.

Thanks for your help y.S.
But this should not be supported natively by Toolset without having to override single.php?
This is a basic functionality that must be included in the Toolset core.

y.S

I would say, why not use the options that WordPress has included especially for this?
Be aware there is a difference between filing a feature request and reporting something is broken.

Being just a user trying to help, I will leave it up to the Toolset rep to help you work out a solution.
Good luck.

Do not get me wrong y.S, I appreciate your help, but I consider that Toolset is a set of plugins to avoid using php when creating new CPT's. As with Tooset you can define if you want to show or not the title of the page, you must also be able to define if you want to show or not the metadata of the page. Do not you think like me?

y.S

I am new to Toolset, but very familiar with developing plugins for WordPress. I am a programmer.
Toolset can be used without custom coding, but you can do way more tricks with it when you are familiar with coding.

Should Toolset incorporate all these features? I don't think so.
Every test (show or not show) that needs to be done, can be looked upon as a door. The more tests, the more doors to open, the bigger the delay to get to the endresult.

So in this case, as a programmer, if default posts need to be displayed different from a certain cpt, I would go with the dedicated single-....php file

I do not want that with Toolset anything can be done y.S, it is evident that not all possible scenarios can be covered, however, what we are talking about is the basic and minimum things, this functionality is a minimum. As I said, it does not make sense to include the ability to hide the title and yet not be able to hide the metadata.
I'm talking about minimums, only minimums, of course, Toolset can not cover all possible scenarios.
Thank you for your comments.
Best regards,
Francisco R.

y.S

Actually I can't even reproduce your screens.
You say you can disable 'Title' in Views. But your screenshot seems to be from Content Template.
On my my Content Template screen I have no section 'Theme Options'.
Seems this disabling feature is part of your theme rather than Toolset.
Or... I missed a checkbox.

y.S, Are you using DIVI (Elegant Themes) or are you using Toolset Layouts?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francisco,

Sorry for the delay, the settings in the content template is functioning correctly as it removes the post title from the page.

However i've added the css to hide the post meta from the post itself.

Please let me know if everything is ok now.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes. Now it works correctly.
But, where have you added the CSS to work correctly?
I have to know if I create new CPT's so I can fix it in each one of them.
Please, do not delay your answers so long.

y.S

@francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel I am using neither one. That must be the difference.

@y.S Ahh So for that reason you do not see those options. 😉

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francisco,

The css was added to the content template here : hidden link

Actually you will first need to click " Stop using divi builder for the content template" then you will gain access to the css editor.

Once you've added the css then you can re-enable the divi builder.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane. Thanks for the clarification.
In the next version of Toolset you should make CSS Editor accessible even if Divi Builder is enabled.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.