Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How Block combine static and dynamic content

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a custom post with a custom field, how can I combine the static and dynamic content together like

Date: 23 Jul 2021

Date: is the static content

23 Jul 2021 is dynamic content from a custom field

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Kelvin and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Well you can do it using multiple kinds of blocks. For example:
- You can use the "Fields&Text" block, and inside of it use the view's button to choose the custom field. Check this screenshot hidden link
- You can use a Paragraph block, or a Classic block, and choose the custom field using Toolset Inline dynamic sources. Check this screenshot hidden link

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 6.03.28 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 6.03.05 AM.png

Dear Jamal,

Thanks for your reply. It is useful. I face another issue when inserting the custom field.
Here is the code I insert into the Field and Text, I don't know why the date formats is different from backend and frontend.

<p>Date: [types field='workshop-date' style='text' format='F j, Y g:i a'][/types] ([types field='workshop-duration-hour'][/types] hour(s) [types field='duration-minute'][/types] minutes)<br /><a href="[types field='zoom-url' output='raw'][/types]">Click here to start Zoom</a><br />Meeting ID: <b>[types field='zoom-meeting-id'][/types]</b><br />Passcord: <b>[types field='zoom-passcode'][/types]</b></p>

I think the date format may be related to the client's browser but I do the backend and frontend on the same browser, how I can force the date format to same as my setting in the backend?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Well, I would say that the backend is somehow affected by other things. Maybe another plugin, or the theme, or at the worst case a bug.

The format is instructed in the shortcode format='F j, Y g:i a' and it should follow this format table based on the site language. If it is not the case, please open a new ticket and allow us access to check it further.
https://wordpress.org/support/article/formatting-date-and-time/

For support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need further assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.