Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Highlighting a single map icon

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcH-4 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Highlight a single map icon

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-marker

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
See how the icon is highighted compared to the others (I do not want to click to highlight)

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

It is possible to set a different map marker icon for an individual map marker using the "marker_icon" attribute, in the "wpv-map-marker":
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-marker

If you don't want to link it with the 'click' event, can you please share information about selecting the highlighted map marker? I'll be in a better position to guide you, accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

Hi, my page uses a content template which shows a single CPT listing. Within that template i have a view which shows several listings from the same CPT. How do I pull the ID of the single listing into the view to differentiate the map icon from all the others

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

You can check the option "Don't include current page in query result" in the view's "Query Options", which will exclude the marker from the current post from showing.

Next, you can include a separate instance of the "wpv-map-marker" shortcode with a different/special marker icon, for the current post in the template directly, so that it is not in the view's loop.

This way, the results from the view will show the map markers with the default marker icon, while the map marker for the current post will show with a different/special marker icon.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Your solution worked perfectly, and allowed me to continue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.