Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hiding main image on single post view

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by donC-3 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Annotation 2020-04-15 155408.png

You can see (at least right now) at hidden link where I had to hide the title (removed it and hid with css) as the theme didn't have a setting (and haven't wanted to bring in a plugin to remove the title).

But also there's the main image. I'm using your tutorials to design the body of my custom post type and it's working well overall (love the videos). But the featured image still shows big at the top. how do I get rid of it? If i turn off featured images in the settings I've found, then both images go away (top one as well as in my custom designed block)

Attaching a screen shot as well in case I've tweaked it by the time you read this.

Or we're not attached to the theme. Do you know of one you recommend that makes it easy to turn on/off the post title and featured image (so that just the one in the custom block shows)? That would probably be even easier but I couldn't tell which one was used in your video tutorials.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

What if you try to use one of our recommended themes?
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

Where as you can see - you will see the options to hide title and featured image on content templates and archives:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/using-toolset-with-astra-theme/#controlling-astras-theme-options-for-templates-and-archives

I went with one of the recommended themes and it was a huge help. Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.