Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide Toolset Buttons from WYSIWYG Editor by user role

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrei-laurentiuP 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to hide 'Fields and Views', 'Toolset Forms', 'Access' and 'Conditional Output' from the front-end wysiwyg editor - leave it only for the backend. I would like to do this without CSS, since CSS can be easily disabled from console. Can you please advise on a easy way to do this?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Andrei,

Can you please share more information around where and how those Toolset buttons are showing on the front-end?

They should only be showing in the admin area and if I'll need username and password to see them on the front-end, you're welcome to share them in reply to this message.
( I've set your next reply as private)

regards,
Waqar

20180322 - WCLOVERS WooComm FM - Ultimate 001.jpg
20180322 - LearnDash frontend posting 001.jpg

Sorry, something came up and I had to walk from my computer.

So I am using two main plugins for now: LearnDash with the Frontend Course Creation addon and WooCommerce Frontend Manager - Ultimate by WC Lovers.
I have attached two screenshots, one for each of them.
I want to disable the highlighted fields as mentioned before. Are there any certain user capabilities to edit for the user roles who are going to use these??

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing these screenshots.

You can use built-in filters to show/hide the Toolset buttons from users belonging to a certain role(s).

The following thread has more information with an example code snippet:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-disable-toolset-buttons-on-post-content-fields-for-non-admins/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

It worked perfectly!! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.