Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide “|” in form’s address field

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to Hide "|" (vertical bar) in form's address field

Solution:
To remove the vertical bar from the address field you will require to add the custom JS code to your form's JS editor box.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/hide-in-forms-address-field/#post-1789075

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by katjaL 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 19.52.31.png

I hide the form's address fields "Show/Hide coordinates" and "Use my location" because they are not needed. The only way to hide - if I understand correctly - is css. So I have this in my css:
.toolset-google-map-toggle-latlon.js-toolset-google-map-toggle-latlon,
.toolset-google-map-use-visitor-location.js-toolset-google-map-use-visitor-location{display: none !important;}
(This css is not accessible yet though.)

Anyway, it leaves behind the | character because it is not wrapped with any class. The | is obviously not wanted. Do you have any hints how to get rid of it?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. We are happy to help you out!

I would like to have temporary access to your site.

I have just activated the appropriate boxes for the credential information I need from you. They are private so only you and I will be able to see them.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.
Also please share the problem URL where I can see the address field.

Thanks & regards,
Sandra

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Sandra passed me this ticket and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is oK.

I've added the following code to your form's JS box in order to remove the vertical bar:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
  x = $(".toolset-google-map-container").html();
  x.replace(/\|/g, "");

$(".toolset-google-map-container").html($(x).html());
});

Can you please confirm it works as expected.

Hi Minesh, it works perfectly. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.