Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide archive if no posts exist

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

I am trying to hide a CPT archive when there are no posts posted. Is this possible?

Here is the Archive example: hidden link

Thank you!

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Archive is a page that shows the list of custom posts.

Now if there is no custom post it will say to item found.

I am not sure what do you mean by HIDE ARCHIVE?

Do you mean if the link is accessed that link throws 404?

I am not sure what you mean.

Hi,
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I would like to hide the archive menu item if there are no posts in that archive. It's not a good experience if people click on that to see no posts.
thanks!

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Toolset does not have such a feature. That can be achieved by custom development.

The gist of the method will be as follows:

- Check if the post type has any posts or not:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4023932/wordpress-query-if-a-custom-post-type-has-any-posts-from-outside-the-loop

- Instead of adding the menu item manually from Appearance > Menus, add it via PHP and use the check above to add the menu or not.

hidden link

As this is outside of our support scope you are welcome to hire a developer from the list below if needed:

https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.