Skip Navigation

[Closed] Help with my Query Filter (WPML)

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 16.49.15.png

I have an issue I am trying to find a solution for...

On this page (Dutch) the form is working correctly : hidden link
When you search for this church it belongs to a Denomination (category) that should not be accessible.

So when you search the term: "Eglise protestante unie de Belgique" you will get no results. In the views I put this (screenshot) WORKS GREAT.

On the French page of this: hidden link if you search the same term you will get 61 results. I should receive the same message... none found.

My setup with WPML is I only need a few items translated, so the content isn't copied to Dutch and French, so in French categories, there are no Categories with the term I have set in the filter. So that's why it's not working on the French page. What other options can I get around so no results are shown.

Dear Nolan,

Since your website isn't in English, it is hard to check the problem.
Could you describe more details for the questions?
I checked the problem URL you mentioned above,
hidden link

there isn't such an option with name "Eglise protestante unie de Belgique" in dropdown menu "Denomination"

So I tried with another option "Église Apostolique Belge" in both lanugage:
Dutch version:
hidden link

French version:
hidden link

Both URL returns 5 items, is it expected results? if the french version returns extra results, I suggest you check those extra posts one by one, make sure the term "Église Apostolique Belge" isn't assigned to the post.

If the problem still exists, please try this:
1) make sure you are using the latest version of Types+ Views + WPML plugins
2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme and test again.

Thanks Luoy for the response.

On this page hidden link you are right, under the drop down, you don't see the denomination "Église Apostolique Belge" and this is correct. I have intentionally hidden it as a user should not see these results. In the database there are 2 groups (two different categories).

The problem I believe is I am using WPML in a unique way. In the VIEW filter option like the screen shot showed, it is set to show no entries with the category E.

This works in the Dutch website, but since the entries aren't duplicated into French, when the VIEW is on the French side it doesn't register any entries with that category. (unfortunately, I need it to stay this way) Is there any way I can hard code the French version to not display certain entries.

For example is there a way to add a custom field to certain entries and tell the filter not to display any of these entries?

1) It is abnormal, in the French version pages, it should only display the French posts
2) Is there any way I can hard code the French version to not display certain entries
There isn't such a build-in feature within Views, you can try to create some custom JS codes to hide the specific items .

The topic ‘[Closed] Help with my Query Filter (WPML)’ is closed to new replies.