Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Header with search view in bootstrap

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author
header.png

I am trying to create header for classifieds with standard menu and search that contains search field and location.
I don't know how to implement search part with bootstrap so when user view site on mobile he gets icon for search like it's icon for menu.
I've tried to edit View for search but it doesn't work, Filter Editor doesn't show my bootstrap code on live site.
Any ideas or pointers ?

Hi Borislav,

Thanks for contacting Toolset support. I see you want to include two dropdown navbar icons in your site header, one for search and one for the other menu items. This will require some custom HTML and CSS coding and a fairly in-depth understanding of Bootstrap and CSS. This level of support would be outside the scope of our support agreement, but I might be able to give you an idea of how to proceed. I found a couple of examples online by searching for "Bootstrap multiple navbars" and "Bootstrap two collapse menu" like these:

hidden link
hidden link

Neither is exactly like what you are looking for, but each includes multiple dropdown menus in the same header area. One of the dropdown areas includes search, and the other includes the main nav. You can find the HTML, CSS and JS required for this functionality and a preview of the implementation.

You can also reach out to one of our certified partner contractors for additional code support: https://toolset.com/consultant/

Best regards,
Christian

Screenshot_1.png

Hi Christian,
Thank you for your answer, i understand that this is our of support you offer and that's why I appreciate your help. I can't afford consultants yet. So i am stuck with my own solutions.
I managed to build header i think suites my current vision. I did it in Views where I edit Search view in Filter Editor u can view screenshot of how it looks. It works as i expect, but can't stop wondering if is this right way to do it ? Search view > Filter Editor as my web page header. Some logic i expect is to have this built in Content Template but then i can't get search to work. Do u have any inputs on this?

Hi, I need some clarification on this: "Some logic i expect is to have this built in Content Template but then i can't get search to work."

• Can you tell me how you are using a Content Template? How is it added to your site? How is the Search View added to your Content Template?

• When you say you can't get search to work, what exactly happens? Does it show any results? Does the URL change? What exactly do you expect to see?

• Can you provide me with a URL where I can see what is happening?

it doesn't matter, thx anyway

Okay, I understand. If you need additional assistance, feel free to open a new ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.