Skip Navigation

[Closed] Gravity Forms dynamic field

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to dynamically pull a custom post title into a gravity form.
I have a real estate site that I'm building where my client wants to be able to know which property the user filled a gravity form out on when he receives the notification. I can't seem to find good documentation on how to do this.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
There were a few articles on this, but they are outdated and weren't helpful.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hello,

It depends on "gravity form" plugin.

In Toolset side, you can use Toolset Blocks/Views plugin shortcode [wpv-post-title] to display current post title, and display specific post title with attribute "item", for example:
[wpv-post-title item=1234]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-title

Hi, I'm using this plugin: hidden link
The version is the latest on both toolset and gravity forms. I've reviewed documentation from 7-9 years ago on how to do this, but it was not helpful. Do you have any updated documentation on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

I would also like to mention that we've attempted these fixes as well:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/gravity-form-and-toolset/
hidden link
hidden link

These don't seem to work, even though the dynamic field is turned on.

As I mentioned above, it depends on "gravity form" plugin, you can use Toolset plugins to output specific post title value with shortcodes, but you need to check with "gravity form" plugin support:
How to use those shortcodes in their plugin.

If you need more assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem, also point out the problem page URLs, how and where do you want to dynamically pull a custom post title into a gravity form.

Private message box enabled.

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity Forms dynamic field’ is closed to new replies.