Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Google Maps doesn't show

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcM-3 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Following the instructions in Toolset documentation, I've created 2 Google Maps API keys.

1- the first with the website url restriction
2- the second with no restriction

I've placed the API keys in Toolset --> Settings --> Maps and checked the API's.

The check has been green lighted but no map appears.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-maps-api-key/#creating-an-api-key-for-google-maps

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Do you see any other error or warning, on the screen, in the browser's console, or in the server's error log?

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these Google Maps API keys and the Map itself are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share the temporary admin login details along with the link to the page where this map should be showing?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

I tried to access the website's admin area, but the login page is not accessible. It just shows a white blank page, without any login form. Perhaps there are some IP/GEO restrictions/security measures involved?

As for the error "Google Maps JavaScript API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError" it can be caused by a number of reasons and you'll find some useful discussion and suggestions in this forum thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35288250/google-maps-javascript-api-referernotallowedmaperror

Hi Waqar,

In the forum you send me there was the answer and now it works perfectly.

In the url restriction I only had to add the protocol as in:

hidden link

My issue is resolved now.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.