Skip Navigation

[Resolved] getting specific info into a view waqar please

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by martinP-13 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

this ticket here , https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cannot-set-content-to-owner-handler/
i got upto here To create the list of Event IDs, you'll need to create another View of Event - Dog Intermediary posts.

waqas this seems so much more complicated than the views you have helped me create, the view i want is doing nothng more than other views ,i dont get why this time has to be so hard.

on this page hidden link i want to show the events/judges places of the dogs that the owner own.....

basically it will be like t his page hidden link but without the owner and will have judges, any speedy help gratefully recieved waqas, i can then use to copy for my final 4 pages.... thankyou

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

I've seen that view "view to show dog ids for an owner" ( hidden link ), is being used as a parent view on a single "owner" page.

The approach of extracting all IDs of dogs (as Christian suggested) is certainly one way of achieving this, but I understand that you're familiar with a different setup, in which we nest child views inside a content template. For the sake of simplicity and uniformity, I'm going to suggest to switch back to the approach that we've been using previously.

Your parent view for the owner page is correct, but all it needs is a content template. If you'll check the parent view for a judge page "View to show all events related to a judge" ( hidden link ), you'll note that in the "Loop Editor" section, we called in a content template.

But this new view "view to show dog ids for an owner" ( hidden link ) is returning the Dog IDs directly, from the "Loop Editor" section.
( screenshot: hidden link )

As as a first step, I used the "Loop Wizard" button in the "Loop Editor" ( screenshot: hidden link ) to make the view use a content template to output its results.

This should bring you into familiar grounds, now that you have information about the related dogs on the page, using this parent view.
Screenshot 1: hidden link
Screenshot 2: hidden link

I understand the next requirement is to show on this single owner page the same information about the "Dog's events" what is already on a single dog page.
( e.g. hidden link )

For this, you can simply:

1. duplicate your view "View to show all events related to adog" ( hidden link )

2. change the "Query Filter" settings in this new view to "The post with ID set by the shortcode attribute - wpvrelatedto"

3. and then nest this new view, into the content template of the parent view "view to show dog ids for an owner" ( hidden link ), passing on the attribute "wpvrelatedto".
(as we've done previously for many other views).

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

thanks waqar much apreciated i think i can complete from here now over the weekend!!you are a diamon , and if you could before you go and enjoy your weekend , can yougive an example how to zebra the results to make easier reading? any view will do!!

thanks again

when i do this it also displays events that are not related t the owner waqar?

For this, you can simply:

1. duplicate your view "View to show all events related to adog" ( hidden link )

2. change the "Query Filter" settings in this new view to "The post with ID set by the shortcode attribute - wpvrelatedto"

3. and then nest this new view, into the content template of the parent view "view to show dog ids for an owner" ( hidden link ), passing on the attribute "wpvrelatedto".
(as we've done previously for many other views).

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Untitled12.png
Untitled11.png

no joy waqar ,
hidden link lots of info that is unwanted showing please see the images atached

main view hidden link

child view for the sire
child view that is the copied view as intructed (1. duplicate your view "View to show all events related to adog" )
hidden link

i followed instrucions exactly its beyond me why this happens??

thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Martin,

>> can yougive an example how to zebra the results to make easier reading? any view will do!!

- To show results in an even/odd or zebra pattern, you'll need custom CSS code changes. I'm afraid, 1-1 custom code assistance is beyond the scope of support that we can provide, but we do our best to guide in the right direction, whenever possible.

Here are some useful guides on the topic:
hidden link
hidden link

The unrelated dogs were shown on the single owner page because the parent view "view to show dog ids for an owner" ( hidden link ), was calling dogs ID using "events-dog.parent", which is not available in this view.

This view is getting information from "Owners Dogs Intermediary Posts" which means that item attribute should use "@owner-dog.child", same as used above, to show the title. I've fixed this and please refer to the following two screenshots, which should make this point clearer:

Before: hidden link
After: hidden link

Important note: I'll be on personal day-offs until Wednesday, and won't be able to follow up on any tickets until then. For more timely and efficient support, I'll recommend opening new ticket(s), so that the available team members can guide you accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

thanks waqar , i now see no events and still 3 sires ,should i open a new ticket or are you working today? thanks for the info
martin

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Martin

It seems like you resolved this with Shane in the separate ticket you opened, yes?

So can we close this?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! waqar and nigel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.