Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting data from Toolset relational custom post types via AJAX or other method

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am able to build an HTML table containing the data I need and I can then use the javascript from datatables.net to act on that data for display. I also purchased a license for wpDataTables, which is a paid plugin for that javascript that also provides tools for building a query into the WordPress database, or directly into SQL. The problem is that I have no idea how to handle relational data. I have 3 post types; items, cases and products. Products are created by picking a case and filling it with items. Products have some of their own custom fields.

I need to display a product price list that shows products, including specifics about cases and items, so I need to be able to get the correct relational data structure.

I've also asked this question to the authors of the wpDataTables plugin. It would be great if your 2 companies could provide a walk-through for how to set up a data connection from wpDataTables to Toolset custom post types and custom fields, particularly relational data. This combination would really be useful.

Hello,

There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset plugins, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
Our developers will evaluate it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.