Skip Navigation

[Resolved] geo coding map with alot of marker

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Steve 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi this pertains to our map at
hidden link
which has about 1200 points on it. It was explained to me on a separate support call that the google api only permits geocoding 10 (ithink) address per page refresh and so it has taken us quite a long time to get all the map markers geocoded and cached. The issue we are facing is that we need to update this map once/month and would like to just re-import the whole thing from a google sheet using wpallimprt.

Is there any way around this api limitation or perhaps some other work flow so that once we re-import all of our partners we can get the map rebuilt and functioning fairly quickly

Thanks

Hi, today I received some exciting news that Maps 2.0.9 will include an automatic cron process to find addresses with missing geocoding information and fetch those geocoded locations without the need for any workaround or custom code. I don't have a delivery schedule available for these updates, but I can see that the changes are already in process and I suspect the release will happen very soon.

If you can't wait for the next release, you can review this ticket for information about a workaround:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-page-not-showing-all-entries-and-duplicate-entry-error-in-error-log/

There is a hard-coded constant set in the Maps plugin that can be modified to increase the batch counts of missing addresses sent to the Google Maps geocoding API. Our developers do not recommend setting it higher than 50 per batch. As a temporary workaround it can help you process imported addresses a bit faster until the automatic process is added in the upcoming Maps 2.0.9 release.

Christian. Thanks for that news. That sounds like it will do the job perfectly for us. Well hang tight and wait for the release.

Best

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.