Skip Navigation

[Resolved] gallery changes number of columns displayes

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
screenshot-griffinmuseum.org-2022.08.02-12_20_11.png
screenshot-griffinmuseum.org-2022.08.02-12_15_59.png

Hi we have a content template attached to this page that includes a gallery. They gallery is set to be 4 cols across. However several times it only displays the gallery in a single column. When it does this ive opened the template to confirm that the setting is still for 4 cols ( and it has been. when i save the content template it seems to solve the rendering problem.

Any thoughts as to what might cause this or how i could track down the cause?

hidden link

Screen shots below show how it should be (4 across) and how it was when the issue was reported to me (1 across)

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi steve,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Not sure what could be the cause of this one as it should maintain the consistent 4 columns.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Steve,

I see when I'm logged out the items display in 1 column, however when logged in they display fine.

This is a good indication that there is some plugin interference. Would it be ok if I ran some basic debug steps on the site such as displaying the plugins/theme etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane yes please go ahead. I appreciate that.

Thanks

Shane the musuem director mentioned she has a big news blast going out today at 2:pm EST which will generate a lot of traffic.

Not pushing you at all but we'd rather not have the site disrupted this afternoon. If you haven't had time to do your testing this am could we put this on hold for a couple of days until traffic dies back.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Steve,

Haven't done the test yet but given that its a live site I can grab a copy of it to test locally using the duplicator plugin so that we can get things moving along a bit quicker.

Let me know if this is an option.

Thanks,
Shane

Sure thats great. Its got a ton of images so perhaps exclude uploads except for the last few months- that way at least you'll have the images on the page were looking at

Shane
Supporter

Hi Steve,

I managed to grab the copy of the site without the images, however the image placeholders are present.

From my end in the copy without even logging in the site displays fine. Does the server have any internal cachin that is being used on the site ?

This could be why when you log in the columns appear normal but on guest users the columns appear as one.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes its a lightspeed server- Ive excluded that page from the cache and that did seem to resolve it so we'll keep an eye on it. Interestingly we use that gallery in several other content templates - but with fewer columns and haven't noticed issues.

Thanks as always for your help

Shane
Supporter

Hi Steve,

No problem, happy I was able to assist you.

Once you can verify the issue no longer occurs you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.