Skip Navigation

[Resolved] gallery block thumbnail size

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Steve 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
walkercreek.PNG

Hi im using the toolset gallery block- however when viewed on a mobile phone (iphone at least) in landscape mode onlt the thumbnails get impossibly small after you launch the first image into its modal slide show mode
I imagine i might be able to write a css media query to target this but i dont have any tools that let me look at the DOM in mobile horizontal mode so i can see what to target

You can see the issue here

hidden link

Attached image is a screen cap from my iphone

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 4.03.45 PM.png

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you are using Chrome on a pc you can preview your page in a mobile type view so that you can inspect the DOM. See Screenshot

Beside Elements you will a button looking like a mobile, just click this and it will allow you to preview the page as a mobile.

However to target the images in the light box popup, you should use the class "lb-image". This is what is attached to the image.

Please let me know if you were able to modify the image dimensions using this class. I also recommend taking a look at how to write the media queries for mobiles as to not make any changes for the desktop preview of the site.

Some background information on this can be found below. The article should be able to guide you on how to setup the media queries for the various mobile devices.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now - or at least on the way. I was good on the media query part but didnt know about the viewport settings in developer tools. So that was what i needed

Thanks Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.