Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front-End Form to Allow Multiple Image Upload Into Repeating Fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by johnR-22 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
gallery-2.jpg
gallery-1.jpg
galery-3.jpg

I recently had a problem when trying to create an image gallery with Toolset in that uploading many images or files into one Types repeating field can be a major hassle. There were many other topics on the forums here with similar issues and no good solutions.

I searched online for snippets and various answers and ended up making a plugin that outputs and processes a form on the frontend to create a new "Gallery" post, which includes a multiple image uploader for my custom field, "gallery-image". I'm sharing it with the Toolset community in the hopes that it can be helpful to others trying to upload many files into a repeating field at once.

Here's the Github: hidden link

*Note, I am not a coder, so this is a really basic plugin with little security. Please limit the form's display with Access or some other kind of plugin so that only Editors / Admins can use it.

Thanks all! Hopefully one day the CRED development team can create a more native solution.

Uao, this is great. Thank you for sharing this.

I will also inform our Toolset Support Leader about this, so we can share it eventually with other Peoples out here.

Thank you very much for sharing it, I am downloading it to give it a try now! 🙂

Hi George, (Beda why is the link hidden?)

how did you end up going with your gallery? The link is hidden for me but I would love to see what you created and try to implement it myself.

thanks

I cant see the link either.

Hang on, try this

github com/ borie88 / frontend-multi-uploader

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.