Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Forms built with the Wizard, exported and imported, fall back to "advanced edit"

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by smileBeda 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

There is a BUG in Forms when using exported/imported forms.

Create a Toolset User (Add new) Form with the DnD Wizard, save it, then export it in Module Manager as a Module.
Import that a new site, and check your just imported Form:
It lost the "DnD" feature and falls back to the "expert" mode.

If you now switch back to "visual mode", you lose everything you built so carefully in DnD Previously.
It will not only change the form fields, removing most fields (like first name and last name).
Additionally, all these settings of the form also get "checked" upon export/import, even if I "unchecked" them in the original:
- Include the Add Media button in the rich text editors from this form
- Include the Toolset buttons in the rich text editors from this form
- Use the WordPress Media Library manager for image, video, audio, or file fields

If also you had checked "autogenerate" username, and nickname, due to the involuntary switch to "expert" mode, these settings also are gone for good and you need to basically rebuild the form from scratch.

I tested this in User Forms, it might however also happen in Post Forms.

Cheers!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Beda,

Happy seeing you again 🙂 hope you're doing well.

I was able to verify this issue on my end as well and went ahead to escalate so nigel can pass this onto the devs.

I'll try to keep you post on any updates/patches etc.

Thanks,
Shane

See https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-forms-other-settings-are-not-respected-upon-export-if-include-the-ad/#post-2018083

Same issue different Flavour.

@shane-c sorry to comment here as it will set the ticket back to your queue, just need to keep track of these things, feel free to silently re-escalate the ticket....

Thanks!