Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Form notifications and woocommerce

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Email notifications were not sent out to users when their accounts were created.

Solution:
Needed to use "When payment is complete" for the process.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/send-notifications-when-someone-submits-the-form/

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by TomW5440 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
tool1.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
How to send form notifications that are linked to wooocommerce product.

Here's how the form is set:
Purchase processing - hide
Purchase complete - create
Purchase refunded - delete
Purchase cancelled - delete

And I've included screen print of other settings.

Basically I'm looking for:
Admin and User notification that is only sent when post is created which happens after payment is complete. As it stands with the above settings neither the admin or user notification is sent at all.

Thank you!

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

May I ask for debug information of your site for an overview of your setup? Please see https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ for details.

I've enabled the debug information section for your next reply.

On the other hand, I'll suggest to take a look into this guide https://toolset.com/course-lesson/send-notifications-when-someone-submits-the-form/, as well as, the related topics (https://toolset.com/related-lesson/post-forms/?wpv_view_count=1990989). And let me know if this help answering your query, or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

Notifications are working with other forms just not this one that's linked to Woocommerce product. It's set to trigger 'When a new user is created by this form'.

With notifications set to:

' Send notification to an email specified in an email field included in the form' Fields: Email, First Name, Last Name.
'Send notification to a specific email address: mymail.com'

It is a user form and not a post if that makes any difference.
Thank you

Waqas
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As a second thought, did you try with another email address on another domain, checked spam folder or whitelisted the email address, to make sure these are not being discarded somewhere else? Also can you check with this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/log-emails/ that if emails are actually being sent?

If none of this helps, may I ask for admin access to your website to check the issue in detail? You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Also please provide following detail to investigate/observe the issue:

- detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- links to pages in admin and on frontend
- screenshots or screen recording if needed to explain
- any other relevant information to observe/investigate the issue

Please remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site, which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, please do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

Please see https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ for details on support policy.

Regards.

Waqas
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

I am working on this and 'll get back to you as soon as I find something or have a solution.

Have a nice weekend!

Waqas
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. I tried to login to your site for investigation but looks like the provided credentials are not correct.

I am getting "the username ****** is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead." error message while trying to login. Please check on your side and provide the correct credentials.

I've set your next reply as private again, in case you want to give new login information.

Regards.

Waqas
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. I was able to fix the problem. Please see the Toolset -> User Forms -> Toolset Test New User Form (ID: 403579) and notice that it is identical to your original form (ID: 402284).

Only difference is in the notifications area. I used "When payment is complete" option, which works fine and I could receive "Your account has been created!" email in my inbox (see Email Logs as well).

I also tested with "When submitting the form with payment details" and it works fine. But since you want to create the account when payment is completed, I suggest using the option as mentioned above.

The other option in your original form (When a new user is created by this form) is not working, because there's a custom code (Toolset -> Settings -> Custom Code) is triggered for creating a user, which somehow is conflicting with the events handled by the user form itself.

You can test the form I created in "TEst by Toolset Support" page.

Please let me know if it helps resolve your issue.

Regards.

Thanks Waqas, does that mean the original form is working now?
The custom code relates to different form entirely so it's odd that it's conflicting somehow.
Thank you.

Waqas
Supporter

Hi,

No I didn't make any change to the original form. I demonstrated in another test form I created, so you can observe and adjust your form accordingly (a little practice is always a good idea :).

So use "When payment is complete" option in your original form and this should work fine.

Regards.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.