Skip Navigation

[Resolved] form is not saving

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eliseD-2 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a view that brings up an Add Form that has been working for years.

All of a sudden tonight, when I submit the form - it returns a page not found error, and the new post is NOT added.

The only thing a little complicated about the form is that I have some code in it that makes it save with an author id that is provided by a URL parameter.

This is the code for my Post Form:

[credform class="cred-form cred-keep-original"]

[cred_field field="form_messages" value=""]

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_title">
<label class="cred-label">
Member Dues Item Description:
</label>
[cred_field field="post_title" post="member-dues" value="Member Dues" urlparam=""]
</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-member-dues-charge-amount">
Member Dues CHARGE Amount:
</label>
[cred_field field="member-dues-charge-amount" post="member-dues" value="0" urlparam=""]
</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-member-dues-payment-amount">
Member Dues PAYMENT Amount:
</label>
[cred_field field="member-dues-payment-amount" post="member-dues" value="0" urlparam=""]
</div>

[cred_generic_field field="author-filter" type="hidden" class="" urlparam="author-filter"]
{
"required":0,
"validate_format":0,
"persist":0,
"default": ""
}
[/cred_generic_field]

<br>

[cred_field field="form_submit" value="Submit" urlparam=""]
<br><br>

[/credform]

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Have you checked the server's error logs to see if any errors or warnings are logged?

If not, you can temporarily enable WordPress debugging ( https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ ) and then look for any errors or warnings.

In case, there are none, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the form page.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

When I load the page with the form on it, I get this error:

Notice: Undefined variable: string in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-content/themes/Divi-child/functions.php on line 140 (this seems to be about some code I use to add up totals on the page - but the totals on the page are adding up just fine despite the error)

After I try to submit the form, I get all of these errors (although I can't see that any of them have anything to do with my form?):

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; cjPluginSeriesHowdy has a deprecated constructor in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-content/plugins/cj-change-howdy/cj-change-howdy.php on line 43

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-content/plugins/olimometer/olimometer.php on line 1191

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-content/plugins/wpdbspringclean/WPDBSpringClean.php on line 191

Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Layout Builder Widget Area 1" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-37". Manually set the id to "sidebar-37" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5663

Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Layout Builder Widget Area 2" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-38". Manually set the id to "sidebar-38" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5663

Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Layout Builder Widget Area 3" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-39". Manually set the id to "sidebar-39" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5663

Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Layout Builder Widget Area 4" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-40". Manually set the id to "sidebar-40" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5663

Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Layout Builder Widget Area 5" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-41". Manually set the id to "sidebar-41" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5663

Notice: Constant AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL already defined in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-config.php on line 111
/* Mobile Menu Retract ---------------------------------*/ Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-content/plugins/menu-override/MenuOverride.php on line 50
class="error404 theme-Divi dbdb_divi_2_4_up desktop wc-pac-hide-sale-flash wc-pac-hide-product-count wc-pac-hide-product-sorting wc-pac-hide-add-to-cart wc-pac-hide-rating woocommerce-no-js et_bloom et_pb_button_helper_class et_fixed_nav et_show_nav et_primary_nav_dropdown_animation_fade et_secondary_nav_dropdown_animation_fade et_header_style_left et_pb_footer_columns3 et_cover_background et_pb_gutter windows et_pb_gutters3 et_smooth_scroll et_right_sidebar et_divi_theme et-db">

Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /home/writiol6/public_html/nmi/wp-content/plugins/menu-override/MenuOverride.php on line 50

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these errors and warnings, but, I'm afraid, they're not very conclusive.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need temporary admin login details, along with the link to the form page. I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, in case this needs to be investigated on a different server.

Note: I've set your next reply as private, again.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the form submits correctly if the page is viewed with "HTTPS", but not with "HTTP".

Works:
hidden link

Doesn't work:
hidden link

To avoid issues like these, I'll recommend making a full backup of the website and changing the "WordPress Address (URL)" and "Site Address (URL)" fields to use "hidden link" values and not "hidden link".

I made that change - and now the form works sometimes and not others - it seems to be random.

If I fill out the form and click the SUBMIT button and it takes right away, it doesn't work and it sends me to the page not found page.

If I go back and fill out the form again and hit the SUBMIT button and nothing happens; so I click it again and nothing happens; and then I click it again - then finally it does work and the form submits.

I don't understand why the behavior isn't consistent?

Elise

I just figured out what is happening - although I THOUGHT I changed the URL address in the WordPress settings, when I tried to save the change, it threw me out of the site and made me log in again. When that first happened, I didn't realize that the change I had made had NOT saved.

I don't know why I can't make that change to the WordPress settings stick ... any ideas?

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

I've noticed that the website's address settings have been updated properly now, to use the "https" protocol. Also, if someone tries to view the pages with "http", it automatically redirects to "https".

Changes like these can take some time to update on the server and the browser level. I'll recommend clearing all involved caches and then testing the form again.

Thanks, Waqar!
The reason you see that it is now fixed is because I googled around and figured out that I needed to go into the functions.php for my Divi Child Theme and change the URLS there - so yes, now it is working!

I do wonder, though, why my Toolset form suddenly needed that when this form has been working - without the https designated in the URL settings - for well over a year while the site has been https ... so I'm stumped as to why it STOPPED working.

But - all is well now.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.