Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Forgot password form shortcode ignoring rest_password url in email

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to redirect users who have lost their password to a new page I have a setup that includes the wpv-reset-password form shortcode.

On this page hidden link I have added the shortcode [wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url='hidden link;

However, the link that is provided in the email is a link to the standard wordpress login form /wp-login.php?action=rp

What am I doing wrong?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I've checked the "wpv-forgot-password-form" shortcode on my test website with the "reset_password_url" attribute and it worked as expected.

From the code of your website's form ( hidden link ), it doesn't seem it is passing the value of the custom password reset page ( hidden link ).

Can you please make sure that the URL for the password reset page is included in the correct shortcode through the attribute "reset_password_url" and test this again, after clearing all involved caches?

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message, for further troubleshooting.

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing the access details.

I've checked the content of the page "Forgot Password" ( hidden link ) and noticed that the "wpv-forgot-password-form" shortcode was placed, without any attributes.
Screenshot: hidden link

I've updated it to [wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url='hidden link; and the form's code seems to include the redirect URL correctly now.

Please feel free to test this and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks for looking into this but the change you made is identical to what I already had.

If you look at my initial and subsequent replies I added : [wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url='hidden link; and your change is the same.

After refreshing my cache and submitting again I am now getting the correct link in the email. Still confused at what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Stuart

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the update and glad the correct link is now showing up in the emails.

It could be that the change that you've made was saved as a revision but never got published or simply the cache was forcing the outdated content. These are the only possible explanations, that I can think of for why the same shortcode didn't work earlier.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.