Skip Navigation

[Resolved] For create new content post form: Media library is selected by default

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bryan 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset-new-content-form.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

maybe this is a feature request but it feels more like a flaw... let me try to explain

I am using a TOOLSET FORM (create content) form with native media library option on.

The default behavior is to take the user to the media library and not upload files. I think this is the wrong choice for create content while it would be the logical choice for EDIT content.

I found this out after so many new users registered and got confused... and we needed to explain oh please click the upload files tab when you are creating content.

I looked around for a shortcode switch or filter but I can't find one.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-the-native-wordpress-media-manager-in-front-end-forms/
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
see below

the html generated by the code shows we are setting
id="menu-item-upload" aria-selected="false"
and
active" id="menu-item-browse" aria-selected="true"

It feels like the shortcake generated by the GUI should do something like:

[cred_field field="_featured_image" output="bootstrap" upload="true" ]

In the meantime if you have any ideas how I can show the Upload files tab that would be great.

I hope this post is useful

thanks always to the toolset team for your strong support.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually even with the media uploader tab enabled by default the user can drag and drop their images directly to the uploader. They don't need to switch to the upload tab to upload the images.

This is also the default behaviour of the uploader in wordpress core itself. For e.g when you go to upload a featured image it default to the media library first because it's working on the assumption that the user wants to use pre-uploaded images.

So this one isn't a flaw per say it is a design feature of wordpress core.

Thanks,
Shane

...just to keep this open a bit longer. no reply needed as yet

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.