Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Font Awesome icon display problem.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to use Font Awesome version 6.0 with Toolset plugins?

Solution:

Toolset Blocks plugin does not support Font Awesome version 6.0.

Currently, you can use "toolset_add_registered_styles" filter hook to remove font-awesome from Toolset plugins, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/font-awesome-icon-display-problem/#post-2293785

Then load Font Awesome version 6.0 with other plugins, and follow Font Awesome documents to setup your HTML codes.

Relevant Documentation:

https://fontawesome.com/v6/docs

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katinaA 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Can you go to this support thread that I started with the Font Awesome plugin:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/trouble-getting-some-icons-to-display/#post-15365294

I'm seeing that there is a conflict between your plugin and that one where your's is using an older version of Font Awesome. I'm still awaiting another reply from the plugin authors there, but I thought I'd go ahead and alert you to this and to see if you can beat them to a solution for us. Your support has been phenomenal so I'm thinking you might be able to get this fixed faster. And it looks like you should probably update your plugin to use the latest version of Font Awesome since they are saying they are on version 6 now.

The issue were are having can be seen in the third column of the footer on any page on our site here:

hidden link

We have an envelope icon working fine before e-mail , but can't get the icon we want before Address to display no matter what we try with the code. Very frustrating to have such a small issue cause such a headache.

Hello,

Toolset Blocks plugin does not support Font Awesome version 6.0, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
Our developer will evaluate it.

Currently, you can use "toolset_add_registered_styles" filter hook to remove font-awesome from Toolset plugins, for example:
Add below codes into your theme file "functions.php":

add_filter('toolset_add_registered_styles', function($styles){
	if(isset($styles['font-awesome'])){
		unset($styles['font-awesome']);
	}
	return $styles;
});

Then load Font Awesome version 6.0 with other plugins, and follow Font Awesome documents to setup your HTML codes:
hidden link

I added your code to my functions.php file, but that doesn't seem to have any impact on anything. The Font Awesome plugin is still reporting your version as one of two conflicts present on the site. When I disable the Font Awesome plugin to use your version (or maybe the other version that is coming from elsewhere?) the icon I'm trying to get to display doesn't show. That's why I tried the Font Awesome plugin in the first place. I could disable the Font Awesome plugin and we could just try to get your version to work. This is completely baffling to me since one of the icons works but the other one doesn't. I could understand it better if neither of them worked. Please let me know what you think I should do. This seems like such a waste of effort just to get one stupid icon to display, but I'd prefer to see this solved in case we need more Font Awesome icons on the site.

I have tried above codes in my localhost with a fresh WP installation, it works fine, if you need more assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem, I need a live website to test and debug.

Good news! The Font Awesome plugin author showed me a setting where I was able to get Font Awesome 6 to load. So we don't have to go to this much trouble for such a trivial issue. Woo-hoo!!!! Evidently your code worked, but the problem still existed from the default Font Awesome plugin settings that I didn't know I needed to change. All good. I'd have felt very bad if you'd have had to use a test site for this issue. But I'd definitely still recommend getting Font Awesome 6 handled by your plugin now. Thanks a bunch.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.