Skip Navigation

[Resolved] First category missing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Customize the sortby parameter of view in elementor archive page.

Solution:

You can try these:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/first-category-missing/#post-2241213

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnh-18 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
This is kind of a follow-up issue related to a problem Waqar recently helped me with - 'Manually adding item to a view'.
The solution works great but with one important issue - The first category (in alphabetical order) is not included, eg the 'Beauty & Wellbeing' category has three child categories, Skincare, Tools & devices, Wellbeing - but skincare is not included in the listing. And the problem is the same for other categories, ie the first (in alphabetical order) is missing. The view settings are Display No limit and Skip None

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
An example is hidden link
Here the child category 'decor' is missing (although the page is working - hidden link

override.png

Hello,

I have done below modifications in your website:
Edit the "elementor" archive:
hidden link
Find and select widget: "categories for your home" view, in the sidebar, setup options as below:
- Orderby: Title
- Order: Ascending
See my screenshot override.JPG

Please test again, check if it is fixed

Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 13.55.26.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 13.54.52.jpg

Hi Luo,
Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, it still does not work.
As you can see in the attachment, there are five child categories,
Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tableware, Textiles
However, as you can see in attachment, Decor is still missing on the front end, ie the first of the sub categories which are in alphabetical order.
Do you think that the problem is because the conditional output for whatever reason is filtering out the first of the sub categories ?
Best regards /

Yes, you are right, the problem is in conditional output of taxonomy view "categories for your home", it needs to output the term link in the first index too:
hidden link
in section "Loop item in for your home categories", line 6~10, added below codes:

</li><li>
	<span class="magtxt">[wpv-taxonomy-link]</span>
</li>

Please test again, check if it is fixed, thanks

Hi Luo,
Thank you for your message.
I have made some changes to the code you sent - see attachments (or hidden link) - and I believe that all is OK.
Your code worked but with one detail missing - the first taxonomy was not highlighted in red when active.
Also, I believe that there is one to many. Or possibly one

• missing - please see the yellow highlight and question mark in the 'your-update' attachment.
    However, great if you could confirm that the code in 'my-update' looks OK to you and also if '
  • ' should be included.
    Best regards / jan

I think your updates are OK, please update here if you still need assistance for it. thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.