Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter not working with custom taxonomy

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's Frontend filters are not working.

Solution:

This usually occurs when the user has copy and pasted the Frontend Filter from another view. This doesn't add the Query Filters to the view that the frontend filters rely on to filter the view.

If you are experiencing this issue I would recommend clicking the "New Filter" button on the Filter Output section of your view and add the frontend filters from there.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cedricd-2 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,
I'm trying to filter custom post types 'etablissements' with custom taxonomy 'Type d'établissement'.
When I try to add the filter in the filter area, it just do nothing.
I've got a setup window when I tried to do it with WP default taxonomy and it works.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I can give you credentials if you want.
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Yes please provide me with access to the site.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cedric,

I've found the issue.

The filters are missing the query filters for them to work. This can happen of the filters were deleted by accident or if the code was copied from a different view.

What you need to do is go to the New Filter button in the Filter Output editor and re-add the filter.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane,

I did push the New filter button, and adding the custom taxonomy filters just do nothing.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cedric,

There is a JS error in the console that is preventing you from re-adding the filters.

Not sure what is conflicting but I would recommend disabling your plugins as well as temporarily swapping your theme.

Alternatively you can add the filters manually the query filter itself and use the same url parameter as I did here.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.