Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter CPT view by post parent author

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi

I am trying to filter a view by the author of the parent post:

Job cpt -> application cpt created wehn you click apply (they are related with 'one to many')
-> view that shows all applications filtered by the author of the 'job' (so only the job posters jobs are listed in his dashboard)
This view will be used in a dashboard page for the job poster.

Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The filtering by the data from the related post, is not directly supported, so you'll need two separate views for this:

1. The first parent view will be set to show the "Job" posts, with the post author filter, so that only posts from the current users are shown.

2. The second child view will be nested inside the loop of the parent view. It will be set to show the "Application" posts, with a relationship filter, to show only the posts (applications) related to the post (job) coming from the parent view's loop.

Note: As nesting of views is not supported in Blocks based views, you'll create both these views, using the classic/legacy views.

This approach will also allow you to group the list of applications, with respect to the jobs.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.