Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template is not displayed as expected, includes extra fields and excludes sidebar

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using Astra theme with Toolset Blocks, and my Content Template for one custom post type "Books" is not displayed as expected. Some extra fields are included, and the sidebar I have configured is not displayed.

Solution: Ensure there are no competing templates from other page builder systems like Elementor.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by trishaT 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
book content template.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? When I look at the live individual item page using my content template, it has extra fields I haven't added to the template, and the sidebar which should show up doesn't show up at all.

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1621067-1621091/

Is there a similar example that we can see? (see two page links below)

What is the link to your site? hidden link

This is my third content template. The other two came out very well and appear as they should. But for some reason, this one has extra fields dropped into it. And, through my theme, Astra, I have assigned the main sidebar, but that isn't showing up at all.

I have tried deleting the content template and post type, then setting them up again - but I still can't get it to work.

The post type is for books. And the content template is for one book. (The view page is fine.) You can see them linked from this page: hidden link - go to the individual book pages to see the problems, as per my image attachment.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.46.10 PM.png

Hello, it looks like there could be a conflict with an Elementor template here. I can see you have an Elementor template applied to Book posts, and also a Toolset Content Template applied to the same posts. That is inevitably causing problems when Book posts are displayed, since both systems are competing for design of the page. You should delete or unassign the Elementor template you currently have assigned to Books posts if you want to use Toolset's Content Templates, as the two templating systems will conflict and produce unexpected results:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.